Nowadays, developers, enterprises, and organisations often create open Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that allow other teams, developers, customers, and services to integrate to their products and services.
The following figure demonstrates the API lifecycle and after the Deploy phase the API can be shared with other API’s consumers in the Share Phase.
Today is usual to share the APIs via API Management and each cloud provider has its own API Management solution for a better API management and API monitoring. more…
In API Management each API has its own endpoint.
- Request is sent to API endpoint in API management.
- The above request is passed to the Backend API via API management.
- The request is processed in the backend API and if necessary the data layer is used and the result is generated
- The response, which contains the result, is sent back to the API management.
- The API management sends the response to the caller.